Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let the challenges Begin

Well I had a extremely interesting day today with Blaze. We played and We wanted to be sure My western saddle had the proper fit for Blaze. He did a great job on ground on line. He is really getting comfortable enough to start trying things But he is finding out really quick Homer and I have much leadership skills to keep him in line. He has so much spring to him. He Loved jumping the barrels! He would do it all by himself. The wind was blowing and beings this was all new he did not spook or get flighty what so ever. He Gives such nasty looks though. Boy We are really having to work with this. Happy horses at play is better for me. He is happy Eating and running and not being asked to do anything.
Well He did great until we saddled him up he stood he checked everything out then his whole demeanor changed. He became energetic but not a normal energy like nervous energy. Homer and I watched Blaze not be able to stop moving. HMM how interesting! Well Homer did get on and ride a little But Blaze just was to nervous so We just wanted him to relax and stand. When he did this Homer got off. I am not sure what is going on there. We will get through it though!
So my goals for this week is to let Blaze know that moving his feet is okay but standing is good as well. All in all Good day I think. Blaze is a smart boy! I am Blessed to have him that is for sure. Homer is Blessed that he has a horse that actually likes to move.
The Dynamics of Molly and Doc are interesting enough. Molly keeping Doc away from Blaze changed to Doc keeping Molly away from Blaze. Of course Doc is just being horrible to Molly Chasing her off her hay so I will be changing the way feeding goes for a while until the herds are fixed. Molly will be locked up during feeding I think she is happy about this idea She just likes being in her stall.
I finally was able to get out and wash our dirty truck today as well. It was horrible! But now it is all shiny and new looking. Our yes and we have rain coming in tonight Go figure!
Well Until next time. Be happy be healthy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just fascinated about what you're learning about Blaze and how you are helping him. I just love how you are taking your time with him and yet setting up rules from the beginning. You're a great horsewoman Julie

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete