Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The comfort of the discomfort

Second visit to the Chiropractor today, my sciatica is just giving me a hard time. Cramping my lifestyle completely. I have lots of time to watch tv and read e-mails and listen to music and thank goodness I have books. Oh the best part of being Down and out is I have permission to hang around in the pool as much as I would like. So there is positives to the negatives.
So No horses no lifting no carrying heavy objects like my camera Gear. GRRR. Okay so I need the time off I have Graduations coming up this weekend And yes I will limit my gear and only carry 2 lenses and have someone else haul the camera gear so I can take photos It will be okay..
Oh as for walking Limited how in the world do you limit walking. So I guess the all day shopping sprees in Williamsburg is out of the picture. Glad I got my last fix in with mom yesterday. Of course I am paying for it today and Having to fork out more money a week for two appointments instead of one. :-0
I am learning to focus when I sit ad stand Making sure I look straight forward Bending a certain way like a weight lifter so I guess all in all I am going to recover with much Knowledge so another positive. Oh a secret positive is I love the massages I get after my treatment. Oh baby does it feel GREAT! The nap during the session is nice as well. :-)
As for my weight loss. I have not weighed in this week yet. I did find some new recipes and me and my sweet tooth fell in love with this one.
1 box angel food cake
1 can of lite pie filling
mix just the cake mix and the filling together put in a 9x13 cake pan bake at 350 for 20 -30 min.. It is so yummy and so low fat ..


2 comments:

  1. Julie, I sure hope you get some relief soon. It stinks to hurt. I know!
    Hang in there kiddo.
    Lots of healing thoughts for you.
    And that recipe sounds YUMMY. Gonna have to try it. JUST the cake mix and fruit filling? Wow. Easy!
    Hugs
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha Yep Just the box of angel food cake mix and the Pie filling that is it.. Super easy super yummy! Thank you I feel like I am spending a fortune to get better but I know once it is all over it will just be a 3 or 4 visits a year for adjustments.

    ReplyDelete