Thursday, July 1, 2010

The New day!


Well, it has been much change in my life since my last post. I went from working 40 plus hours a week to no job. It is all good though. Long story short. I was never sure what my job really was the owner and manager went on vacation the same week. The manager comes back Myself and another no longer have a job we both where hired with in days of one another. Yes, a temp job that they forgot to inform us was a temp.
Oh well. It was fun and I learned much from the publishing end of things.
My focus is on my business. I am getting things together to start sending samples of my work off to hopefully be selected to sell though magazines stores whatever my mind decides may be a good plan.
I recently did a baby photo shoot. It was so much fun spent the day taking tons of pictures and they came out beautifully. I sometimes forget how great photography can be. Me being so judgmental of myself can consume the mind and cause so much devastation to my work.
I am so happy to be home and taking care of my husband and spending time with the horses and dogs again. It is an adjustment but I am okay with what Gods plans are for me.
May the road be bumpy but the destination be worth it?

3 comments:

  1. Julie, I love your hummingbird photo! Well, let's face it --- I love ALL of your photos! :-)
    Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you ask your friend if you can use the photos you took of her and the baby, and compile a book and ask the local hospital if you can place it in the maternity ward with some business cards? It would be one way of getting more business.....and I'm so proud of you for sending out to magazines. You're an awesome photographer and you really need to get your work out there. Hey, don't be hard on yourself. We are all critical of our own work but when others love it, that makes it so much better! And I don't just "say" I love your work - its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martha, I will have to check into that. I know most of the Photos done at hospitals are done by contracted Photographers through the hospital but I will definitely look into it. What can it possibly hurt!

    ReplyDelete